Thursday, March 10, 2011

Random Thoughts on Messy Kitchens

I haven't been posting lately and honestly, I have been feeling uninspired.  Sure, I have been cooking but I guess I have been having some sort of a writer's block when it comes to translating those experience into blog posts.  So here is a random though to get me back into the groove of sharing my love of food with you all.

Yesterday, I spent the better part of my morning scrubbing down my kitchen and rearranging junk drawers.  The granite shown, the dishes were clean and everything was in it's place. I, then, proceeded to wreck my kitchen by not only cooking dinner (homemade chicken tikka masala with rice and peas and naan bread) but I even whipped up homemade banana bread.  My husband, after arriving from a long day at school sang the praises of what an amazing wife he had, not only was the house clean but he had another amazing dinner to look forward to.

We were discussing art, something we do frequently as my husband is a Sequential Art (think comic books) student at SCAD when I compared our kitchen to a blank canvas.  It always seems the day I scrub the kitchen to shiny magnificence, I subsequently make the biggest mess.  It is like a clean kitchen inspires me to have fun by cooking some great food and undo all the hard work I had just done by cleaning it. Then an analogy, all be it not a good one, hit about how my kitchen is my canvas, and with the smears of flour, of sauce, of stray veggies, something wonderful comes out of it all in the end.  My art is my cooking, my passion for food is unequivocable.

So I leave off on that random thought with some of the "art" I have created as of late that hasn't yet been shown in my blog.  Enjoy!

Penne with Broccoli Rabe and Italian Sausage

Spinach-Bacon Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
Homemade Mac n Cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment